A place for men to meet, socialise and carry out hobbies & practical activities
Our premises are temporarily closed
We will post any updates here as they become known
In line with government guidelines, our workshops are closed and all Norwich Men’s Shed activities are currently suspended.
As a charity offering a community workshop facility, we have duty of care and to both members and visitors - we must provide a "Covid Secure" environment to remain operational.
We are working towards reopening to current members in January 2021.
If you are a man seeking support, then please contact MensCraft re alternative provision: www.menscraft.org.uk/
If you are already a member of Norwich Men’s Shed:
We plan to reopen Norwich Men’s Shed workshops to current members from January 2021. We recognise that the Shed "offer" will differ vastly from previous use - with this in mind we are offering members the choice to continue, pause or end membership.
All members have been emailed a membership questionnaire - If you are a current member and have not received an email then please contact us on email@example.com or 07421 088033
- It is unlikely Norwich Men’s Shed will be able to accept new member applications in the near future – our membership is already vastly oversubscribed and we have a waiting list of new members that predates Covid-19 related closure.
- Norwich Men’s Shed is a small charity with limited resources. We operate as a skills sharing cooperative – we do not have any paid support staff and (as such) are unable to offer a support service or take referrals from other agencies.
- While our workshops are closed we are unable to take in any new public commissions or community projects.
- We are currently unable to accept most donations of materials or equipment.
- Our premises remain closed to all visitors until further notice.
Further updates will be provided in due course, with relevant information posted on both our website and social media pages. In addition, we will continue to contact current members via email.
Please understand we will not be able to answer individual requests for updates.
With minimal paid staff, Norwich Men's Shed operates as a skills-sharing cooperative and is reliant upon members giving generously of their time to staff the premises and enable opening. Originally set up in 2013 by MensCraft, we later became an independent CIO (charity no. 1171796) – our organisations continue to work in partnership to promote men’s wellbeing at Norwich Men’s Centre.
We are grateful for support from Norwich Charitable Trusts, Norwich City Council, National Lottery Awards for All and Norfolk Community Foundation (Birketts Fund, Septagon Fund and Paul Bassham Charitable Trust).
Norwich Men’s Shed 47-51 Pitt St Norwich NR3 1DE
Phone: 01603 627074 or 07421 088033